Thursday, January 24, 2013

Election 2012

As a teacher, I try to keep my kiddos updated with current events so they know what is going on in our world. I always challenge my students to share what they have learned in class with their parents at home. Since it was election time, I grabbed some freebies from a collegue who has an amazing teaching blog, Katie Knight. She created some great election activities and I used some of them in my classroom. Below are some pictures from the day we "voted."
The top portion of the paper explained the election. The bottom portion is where the students check who they are voting for: Obama or Romney



Secret Ballot made by Katie Knight



Casting their vote


Our class bar graph

The final vote!


I made "I voted" stickers and gave each student a sticker after they voted...


1 comment: